Common Dreams Flying
“…Don’t procrastinate—there’s no time to lose. Run like a deer from the hunter, fly like a bird from the trapper!”
Proverbs 6:5 (MSG)
To dream that you are soaring through the skies is often associated with an exhilarating and elevated feeling of freedom from restriction. This may indicate a pending promotion or the possibility of reaching new levels of achievement. It may also refer to an increase in confidence and self-worth. Perhaps you feel a lot lighter because of the weight (concern or responsibility) that has been lifted from your shoulder.
- A flying dream may indicate you have freed yourself from an awkward situation where you’ve felt contained and controlled.
- Flying may represent a new opportunity or business prospect.
- The flying symbol can be indicative of a feeling of success having achieved your goals in day-to-day life.
- If you struggle to get off the ground in your dream, perhaps you’re not yet ready, something is holding you back, or you’re over-anxious.
- If you’re flying in a holding pattern (as if on a plane) you may be over-cautious and unsure. Perhaps the timing for landing your idea is not right yet.
- Perhaps the dream occurs prior to taking an actual flight. This may reveal a fear of flying.
- If in your dream you are soaring like an eagle, it may suggest the need for a broader perspective and higher outlook on life.
Embrace the opportunities that life brings your way. Everything in creation is designed to reach its maximum potential, but often humans fall short. Just as, without interference, a lion, a tree or a whale will reach full size according to its potential, so we, too also have the opportunity to reach the full potential that is deposited within each one of us. Don’t allow your growth to be stunted or inhibited. If the opportunity is there, develop your talent, write that book, do that course, live your dream, sing that song. I’ve often said: it is one thing to believe in God, but your life totally changes when you discover how much God believes in you. The sky is the limit. The only one who restricts you from ‘soaring’ to the heights of all you can become is you. All of heaven is cheering you on.
“Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!”
– Anne Frank