Common Dreams Teeth
“…their teeth are lances (spears) and arrows, their tongues are sharp daggers.”
Psalm 57:4 (MSG)
Can you imagine having no teeth? Your appearance would be altered. The way people looked at you would change, it is likely their opinion of you would be changed as well, whispering about the funny person with no teeth. If you had no teeth your speech would be inhibited, eating would be difficult, your confidence and self-esteem would also be affected.
Dreams about teeth falling out are common. As a dream symbol it can apply to feelings of insecurity either about your personal appearance or other aspects of your life.
Another interpretation when one dreams of the loss of teeth is an indication of a transition from old to new—as children lose their milk teeth at the same time as their new permanent adult teeth are pushing through.
There is a saying about “wanting to sink my teeth into something new.” When someone uses this term they usually mean they are ready to pursue a new challenge, wanting to break the boredom of routine.
Teeth are part of our mouth, so in a dream context they might also be a symbol for words. Keeping in mind that words shape our life and affect those we come in contact with, as in the case of Psalm 57:4 (NKJV).
“My soul is among lions;
I lie among the sons of men
Who are set on fire,
Whose teeth are spears and arrows,
And their tongue a sharp sword.”
- Grinding your teeth
If you dream you are grinding your teeth to powder, you may be literally grinding away the layers of enamel; it’s advisable to have your teeth examined by a dentist. Grinding your teeth in your dream may be an indicator of stress and anxiety.
- Loose teeth
People often dream of teeth being loose and falling out. This could be a reflection of things being loose in your life, and in danger of falling out—a lack of stability. Perhaps you have said something in anger or haste and regret the consequential ‘falling out’ in a relationship.
- Back tooth
The teeth farthest back in the mouth are known as the wisdom teeth. If you dream you’ve pulled out your back tooth it may imply a lack of wisdom or lapse of sound judgement. Alternatively, a back tooth growing could also represent an increase in knowledge or wise counsel.
- Teeth back in your mouth
To dream you are putting your teeth back in your mouth after having fallen out may refer to something you said—those unwise words you spoke in haste and wish to make right.
- Decayed teeth
To dream of Infected and decayed teeth may point to coarse and offensive language.
- A broken tooth
A broken tooth or teeth may represent broken promises. Alternatively, it may indicate a build up of pressure that is causing you to ‘crack’ under the burden of life.
- False teeth
May symbolise deceitfulness.
- Growing new teeth
Just as when your baby teeth fall out is usually an indication that your adult teeth are pushing through below, so you might dream of growing new teeth. Such a dream may reflect your personal growth from childish ways to maturity. It may indicate you are on the verge of adult responsibility and independence. This kind of dream could also suggest something new in your life.
- No one is immune to the stresses and tensions of life, or the affect these tensions can have on your attitude to work, your home life and relationships. Perhaps it is time to consider the balance between your work and family time. It’s time to follow through on your commitment to exercise more, the promise of a proper diet, and making sure you make time to relax and de-stress.
- “Do not be anxious or worried about anything, but in everything [every circumstance and situation] by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, continue to make your [specific] requests known to God.” Philippians 4:6 (AMP)
- Be careful about what words come out of your mouth. “A word out of your mouth may seem of no account, but it can accomplish nearly anything—or destroy it!” James 3:5 (MSG)
- Your words have the ability to encourage and bring life, but with equal power, they can quickly discourage and cause hurt in other people. If you are dreaming about rotten or decaying teeth, start to monitor the things that are coming out of your mouth to see if your thoughts and heart have formed an attitude that is coming out of your mouth in bad language.
- If you continually dream about the baby teeth falling out and new teeth pushing through, consider where your life is at and whether it might be time to put childish things aside. Is it time for you to take grown-up responsibility?